Related Posts with Thumbnails

Oooey gooey brownies





Hello!

Yes, I know, Im awful. I promised to update very often during the Christmas break, and what do I do? I go AWOL. If you would like to know why, read on, if not, skip the italics:)

why have I been AWOL? because 2 days after i posted I got a case of strep throat…a BAD case of strep throat :(
See, I get strep throat probably more often than the average person, maybe about 2 times a year? ( its awful cause the one thing I cant stand is my throat hurting…sniffles? Cough? Bring it on! But spare me the soar throat ! But of course, life can be cruel, and strep throat it is)

But this time it was the worst case I ever had. It was so bad I couldn’t swallow or even talk! ( and if you know anything about me I a) eat like there is quite literally no tomorrow….chances are at any given time I am stuffing my face, and b) the only thing I do more than eating is talking :P therefore, this case of strep SUCKED! BIG TIME. And caused me to be robbed of a better part of my Christmas vacation.

*sigh*



I should probably warn you that I didnt bother to photoshop these pics :P so bare with me

But, enough about me, on to these chocolaty goodnesses :)


Perfect for a cold winter day…to just sit in and do nothing but hang out with the family and enjoy a nice hot melting brownie, bite by bite! :) (we enjoyed it while it was -30C (-22 F) outside in the middle of a snow storm while watching a movie!)



I had originally made this mix to give away to a friend for Christmas ( yes I did all the packaging ;)) , but after a long story made short, that was deemed impossible.

But I couldn’t just waste a perfectly chocolatey batch of brownies now there could I? I made these after I was feeling a bit better from my strep and no longer contagious. But unlike my usually very anal self which includes the following steps:
1) Bake to perfection, take out of pan, allow to cool completely
2) Spread the creamy frosting JUST right all over
3) Cut into perfect little pieces
4) Take perfect little pictures on perfect little plates with perfect lighting



I decided to spare my siblings this today…. And just decided to serve this warm right out of the oven! I didn’t bother taking it out of the pan….just slathered on the frosting (and it melted all over it! mmmm ) and we dug in with spoons.


Or you could just do it the old fashion way and wait for it to cool!
Enjoy!



I sprinkled some sliced almonds on my side!

Hershey’s Best Brownies

Ingredients:
* 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
* 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup chopped nuts(optional)
* CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING(recipe follows)


Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
2. Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs; beat well with spoon. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in nuts, if desired. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Prepare CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING; spread over brownies. Cut into squares. About 16 brownies.

CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
3 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 tablespoon light corn syrup or honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons milk

Beat butter, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla in small bowl until blended. Add powdered sugar and milk; beat to spreading consistency. About 1 cup frosting.



New Years Resolution: TRY to update blog about once a week!:D

Jordan  – (January 9, 2010 at 11:11 AM)  

So I've decided that I no longer need to eat cookie dough. I can just make this and while it's not the same, it fills the desire for a doughy-uncooked substance.

LOVE IT.

The Cooking Photographer  – (January 9, 2010 at 1:44 PM)  

I read the word "brownies" and I came running. Sighhh these look so good. I think brownies should be breakfast food.

Laura

CAHÄ°DE  – (January 10, 2010 at 5:06 AM)  

I like your page too. in my follow!
I have a blog about Turkish food.

Anonymous –   – (April 22, 2010 at 2:00 AM)  

I made these brownies and I definitely recommend using icing. They're more of a cake-y brownie than a chewy one, so eating them plain they lack the definitive crinkle-top that most brownies have.

Still yummy.

Post a Comment

Random Fun Stuff

Song of the week: Glee Season 2!!

Watching: Criminal Minds season 6 (man! its mind blowing)

Inspirational Quote:

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself"

Random Foodie Fact:

"The world's first chocolate candy was produced in 1828 by Dutch chocolate-maker Conrad J. Van Houten."

Privacy Policy (c) edible-moments 2010

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP