Related Posts with Thumbnails

Extremely Moist Banana Cake with Sour Cream Chocolate Frosting






Don’t you just love when things turn out as they are supposed to?



If you are like me, more often than not, they don’t turn out as they are supposed to, and you deal with it. However, today I got a sweet little surprise! You see these pictures? To my delight and surprise I didn’t have to do much editing at all! 






Usually I don’t do any major editing, I feel if I do that I’m not being genuine and that if I need to seriously Photoshop a picture, then its my crappy photography skills fault, and thus I just ditch the photos all together. That may be a bit harsh (I probably have a good 50 sets of pictures that I have taken but will probably never post because I feel the photography skills sucked), but at the same time I think it’s a good thing. I feel like I’ve grown as a photographer because I keep pushing myself to create photos that are as natural as possible and need limited editing, and thus have learned how to improve. Anyways, I’ll stop bragging about this. It just really made my day :)




Now on to this cake, I made it way back in March for my birthday (on March 6th) and it was very delicious. In my opinion, the best gift a foodie can give themselves on their birthday is a day in the kitchen! This banana cake was very moist; something that I usually find is missing in banana cakes. This has a special little part to it where you have to pop it into the freezer right after you bake it. I personally have never heard of this ‘technique’ and was quite intrigued. I don’t know if it’s the freezing that causes the moistness but either way it was pretty good. I also made a chocolate sour cream frosting to top it off which, as you can imagine, topped off this banana cake quite nicely! This recipe is a keeper folks! :)







Best Ever Banana Cake
Ingredients

    * 1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed, ripe
    * 2 teaspoons lemon juice
    * 3 cups flour
    * 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
    * 1/4 teaspoon salt
    * 3/4 cup butter, softened
    * 2 1/8 cups sugar
    * 3 large eggs
    * 2 teaspoons vanilla
    * 1 1/2 cups buttermilk


1. Preheat oven to 275°. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan.
2. In a small bowl, mix mashed banana with the lemon juice; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
4. In a large bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter and 2 1/8 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in 2 tsp vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk. Stir in banana mixture.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for one hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and place directly into the freezer for 45 minutes. This will make the cake very moist.



I couldn't make up my mind with how to decorate it...a few royal icing flowers in the middle? no...one cute tiny one...no....I settled for banana slices and shaved dark chocolate! mmm :)






Mary @Delightful Bitefuls  – (June 3, 2010 at 3:39 AM)  

WOW! First, great pictures... the title had me but the pictures sold me! I'll for sure be trying this! Love your blog!

xxMK
Delightful Bitefuls

Unknown  – (June 3, 2010 at 11:26 AM)  

Good night, look at all the flavors and the pictures make me want to eat the screen. Good thing I bought 15 bananas this week in anticipation of making something delicious with them.

Joyce  – (June 3, 2010 at 2:54 PM)  

I tried this exact recipe not too long ago! I made the mistake of adding 2 tablespoons of lemon juice but i just told everyone it was a banana lemon cake and it was still delicious!

Post a Comment

Random Fun Stuff

Song of the week: Glee Season 2!!

Watching: Criminal Minds season 6 (man! its mind blowing)

Inspirational Quote:

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself"

Random Foodie Fact:

"The world's first chocolate candy was produced in 1828 by Dutch chocolate-maker Conrad J. Van Houten."

Privacy Policy (c) edible-moments 2010

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP