Ah yes, sorry for the lack of posts. I've been uber busy with school. In fact...I should probably be working on my Law Essay instead of posting....but alas I am here!;)
Today, Im going to blog about Cinnamon Buns:
It was brutal.
The recipe's dough was supposed to be made with a bread maker, So I startd adding the ingridints to the mixer. But soon I realized the recipe was WAY to big. I recuded the flour, and the bowl for the mixer was FULL. Needless to say, the mixing didnt work out in the breadmachine...:/
So I tossed it ino my kitchen aid mixer. That didnt work too well either.
So....I threw it in a bowl and kneaded by hand. Then I left it to poof a little...and it OVER poofed :P
needless to say...it was a disaster.
So. I went back to my own recipe. It really is a wonderful recipe. I *love* it so very much! Its UBER simple to make and tastes DELICIOUSSS! Its a recipe that everyone....EVERYONE asks me for....but for some reason I could nevr quite bring myself to share it...its just *that*special ;)
I dont know why I *had* to try the other recipe.....even though this one is so yummy but I did...(and I plan on giving it ONE more shot....just dividing the recipe in half!)
So without further adu....here is the recipe!:)
Easy Peasy Cinnamon Buns
Makes about 15.... I usually double the recipe...or even quadruple it ;)
2 cups of flour
2 TBSP granulated Sugar
1 Tbsp + 1 Tsp Baking Powder ** I know its a lot! But it makes the buns POOF incredibly!
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 cup butter (or margarine)
3/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingridients.
3. Cut in the butter and mix until crumbly
4. Make a well in the center of the mix, and pour the milk into the middle.
5. Stir to form a soft dough adding a bit more flour or milk as necessary. ( I usually use a pair of clean hands ;) )
6. Turn out on to a lightly floured surface, and kneed a few times.
7. Roll the dough into a rectangle. I have found that when the dough is rolled out horizontally it yields more cinnamon buns, and when rolled vertically, it yields bigger buns.
1/3 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1. There are different ways to spread the topping in, but my favourtie way is to spread the butter all over the dough with a butter knife, like you would spread butter on toast. its the easiest and most convinient way to do it. Also, since the butter isnt melted...it wont ooze out when you roll it. Then just sprinkle on the brownsuagr and cinnamon...ofcourse adjust the amount to taste...I personally LOVE a LOT more cinamonn and sometimes even add some walnuts!
Place the buns into a greased baking ban. by baking pan I dont mean a sheet pan but a baking one...like this one (it doesnt have to be springform!)
Allow at least an inch all around for each cinnamon bun, because these things poof like crazy when baked.
Bake for about 15 min or until light brown.
Top it off with some glaze (mix 1/2cup icing sugar with 1 tbsp milk) or make cream cheese frosting or anything else you like to put on top!
Enjoy! Let me know in the comments if you do make it! I'd love to see pics!
Well thats it for now...Its 10:39 pm...and I should probably get to that pesky Law essay...:/ *sigh* only 5 more weeks of school left before exams!