Related Posts with Thumbnails

Long Time No See and Pizza Hut Pizza Dough

Wow! I haven’t posted since January 10th! Miss me? ;)






Long time no see huh? I thought I should post to inform you guys that no, I have not fallen off the face of the earth or been eaten by human eating zombie dolphins. Or something like that.

I’ve had a bunch of different stuff going on at the same time in my personal life that has made it impossible for me to update regularly. Long story short lets just say that life has not been nice. And I will be accepting your prayers. ;) Heres hoping that things will get better soon! (On a side note! My horoscope said that I’ve been going through a lot the past few months, but that there are new great changes coming for the better! So fingers crossed ;))


Anywho, enough about me. How have you all been? I have soooo many things I need to do food blog related wise. I was in the midst of a ‘blog renovation’ before life started sucking, so I will definitely be trying to get back to that! I also need to go check out a bunch of food blogs for all those posts I’ve missed!

Now, on to the yumminess! Growing up, making pizza was a standard in my house. On weekends my mom would ‘wing it’ and make some dough, and we would slather on some ketchup and sprinkle on some cheese and veggies. Now that I’m more of a, what would you call it….food snob? This simply wont do! I have been searching for a good pizza dough for a while now, and a little while ago I stumbled on this beauty. Pizza Hut crust clone? Yes please! I’ve got to say I was pleasantly surprised! The crust was puuuurfect … I promise you best pizza dough you will ever taste. If its not, I want YOUR recipe!


What I love about this is you can toss in the ingredients into the bread maker and have it do all the work. Do you work all day? Toss in your ingredients into the dough maker, and set your timer so that when you get home you have ready made fresh dough. Spread your pizza sauce on top and sprinkle on your toppings and you have prepped dinner in 5 minutes!


Now what do I mean when I say this crust is awesome? My definition of a perfect crust is to have a nice ‘sound’ when you tap it…nice and crunchy on the outside and soft hot bread on the inside. Mmmm…..pizza crust….




Copy Cat Pizza Hut Dough Crust

Ingredients:
1 1/3 cups water
2 teaspoons sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons cornmeal ( I used semolina)
3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast

Directions:
1. Add ingredients (except for cornmeal (or semolina)) to machine bread pan in order as per manufacturer's instructions. Set to "Dough" cycle.

2. Lightly grease your pan and sprinkle with cornmeal.

3. When the dough cycle is complete, roll out dough and place in pan. Let rest in pans for 10-15 minutes. Add toppings of your choice.

4. Bake at 350°F until done (approximately 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of toppings).



Paula  – (March 20, 2011 at 7:03 PM)  

I could have used this Friday night! Tried a new pizza crust recipe and ended up eating the toppings and tossing the crust! I'm going to bookmark this and let you know how it turns out my next pizza night! Thanks for the recipe. Hope things turn around for the better for you soon.

Andrea  – (March 31, 2011 at 4:01 PM)  

That pizza looks so good!I'll be thinking about that as I eat my microwave dinner at work tonight! The only time I made my own crust is when I used a recipe that called for beer, and I was the only person in my family that liked it. I'm going to try this recipe, thanks!

Kristy  – (June 16, 2011 at 12:41 PM)  

I've secretly always had a soft spot for Pizza Hut's amazing crust. Definitely need to try this out sometime!

Rabia Siddiqi  – (May 4, 2012 at 1:49 PM)  

oh i found it !! the comment box finally! yay me.
and i also saw where cornmeal is used. :p i could not see the second step until now.
will definitely try soon, could not find onion powder from anywhere near, hope its available in bigger stores.thanks for the post though

Rabia Siddiqi –   – (May 4, 2012 at 1:49 PM)  

oh i found it !! the comment box finally! yay me.
and i also saw where cornmeal is used. :p i could not see the second step until now.
will definitely try soon, could not find onion powder from anywhere near, hope its available in bigger stores.thanks for the post though

Anonymous –   – (July 23, 2013 at 4:31 AM)  

Really good pizza. Nice place to go with friends.

Restaurants Zion National Park

Post a Comment

Random Fun Stuff

Song of the week: Glee Season 2!!

Watching: Criminal Minds season 6 (man! its mind blowing)

Inspirational Quote:

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself"

Random Foodie Fact:

"The world's first chocolate candy was produced in 1828 by Dutch chocolate-maker Conrad J. Van Houten."

Privacy Policy (c) edible-moments 2010

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP