- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk dry ingredients; set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients with a hand mixer on low.
- To cream, increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and the color lightens.
- Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until no flour is visible.
- (Over mixing develops the gluten, making a tough cookie.) Now add the oats and raisins; stir to incorporate.
- Fill cookie scoop with dough.
- (Use a #40 cookie scoop; it measures 2 tablespoon of dough) Press against side of bowl, pulling up to level dough.
- Drop 2-inches apart onto baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake 11-13 minutes (on center rack), until golden, but still moist beneath cracks on top.
- Remove from oven; let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Overall Rating: 6 1/2 stars! (which is really good in my books! *see my rating system on the side*)
As I mentioned I really like these cookies and I tell you, you eat one...you will reach for another, and another, and another...! Don't shy away from this recipe because of the 6.5 stars though! 6.5 is the highest I'll give to an 'ordinary' dessert such as oatmeal cookies and brownies. This cookie is really chewy and moist, be careful to bake JUST until it turns a bit golden, even if its a bit gooey on the inside. when it cools it will be amazing! (but if you let it get too brown when it cools it'll be a bit more crispy)