Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bipolar weather and Fudgey Homemade Brownies




I swear our weather is bipolar.

In the past few weeks we have had extremely hot and humid days reaching 38C (100F), and then two days later we will have rainstorms, then a day later it’ll be 14C (57F), and then the next day, will be like today, with awful thunderstorms.

How awful? I’ll tell you how awful. Zahra was fast asleep when at 3:30 am she woke up with a start, and sat straight up in bed going “huh? What?” Yah. That’s right. The thunder storm was sooo loud it woke me up at 3 in the morning. ME. Ms.sets-an-alarm-clock-2-hrs-before-she-gets-up-so-she-can-press-snooze-20-times. Ms.litterally-slept-through-a-fire-alarm. So you kinda get a picture of just how BAD it was. Now I don’t know what’s worst - waking up like that? Or then being wide awake in your dark room with a crazy thunderstorm all around you, threatening to engulf you as your bedroom walls shake with the vibrations. I tell you, I was *this close* to running into my Mommy and Daddy’s bed, just like I did years ago when I was a kid. *this close*

Anyways, needless to say I woke up a few hours later - after somehow falling asleep after an hour of lying awake in bed - confused and disoriented and my dad asking me if I was not going to work today, since my bus leaves in 10 min and I’m still lying in bed. To make matters worst, when I finally stumbled into the office with a killer headache, (and a forgotten lunch at home) I opened my secret snack drawer and realized I was all out of teabags.

This.is.panic time.

I was already exhausted from the thunderstorm, and now Zahra the caffeine addict, the must must MUST have her tea girl….stuck…without tea?! Lets just say that this was one of those Mondays.



So when I got home, I made myself a nice big cup of dark, strong, Black tea and gulped it down. But I still needed an extra…something….so I made these delicious brownies. The perfect comfort food after one of 'those days'. They are those chocolatey no non-sensey fudgey brownies, that probably have a million calories each but you honestly dont care, because you've had 'one of those days'.
 Fudgy Homemade Brownies
Ingredients:
1 1/3c semi-sweet chocolate chips (use best quality-Guittard or Ghiradelli)
5 Tbsp butter
1tsp vanilla
2 eggs
3/4c sugar
1/4tsp salt
3 Tbsp baking cocoa
1/3c flour

Directions:
1. In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and butter together. Stir in vanilla and set aside to cool.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until light yellow and in the ribbon stage (you know you’ve reached this when you can lift up your whisk and the egg mixture drip down in a steady ribbon rather than in gloopy clumps). Stir in salt and cocoa and mix well to combine.
3. Stir chocolate mixture into egg mixture and combine well. Sift over flour and fold in until just mixed. Do not overmix, or you will have tough, dry brownies and I will cry for you.
4.Pour into a sprayed 8 x 8″ baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

**do not over bake and allow to cool completely before cutting*
Recipe Review: These were fudgey. I think that about somes it up. I mean just look at those pics and you just know you are in for a bite of intense, luxuriously sinful chocolatey bliss. These are on the fudgey full blown chocolate end of the brownie scale, which is exactly what I was looking for. However, if you are more in the mood for a 'cakey' brownie than a fudgey one then check out my go to brownie recipe. Overall, these were yum and I will make again! :)

Aaron John  – (September 8, 2010 at 1:02 PM)  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aaron John  – (September 8, 2010 at 1:48 PM)  

These look soooo chocolatey and fudgey!! I still looking for a brownie recipe so I'm gonna bookmark this! Thanks!!

Honey  – (September 8, 2010 at 10:43 PM)  

How beautiful are these? OMG, i've been looking for a brownie recipe with not insane amounts of butter, this is it! thank you! LOVE YOUR BLOG!

Disneypal  – (September 10, 2010 at 6:30 AM)  

Dang those look good ! Very fudgy, just like I like them - can't wait to try these.

M.  – (September 17, 2010 at 2:33 PM)  

there is nothing like a good brownie to remedy bad moods and bad weather :)

Lezly  – (September 20, 2010 at 8:44 PM)  

wow those brownies look soooo gooey and moist! I think I am in the mood to bake some brownies:)

Dee D.  – (October 10, 2010 at 10:02 PM)  

MM, those look really good :) I love how the tops crinkly, and they look really fudgy! I really want to try this out!

cookies and cups  – (October 14, 2010 at 8:19 AM)  

These brownies look insanely fudgy! Perfect!!

Samantha  – (January 27, 2011 at 8:41 PM)  

Wowweeee! These are absolutely delicious!
I made them for dessert tonight and they were gobbled right up, thanks for the recipe!

- Samantha
http://flavorator.blogspot.com/

Anonymous –   – (March 16, 2011 at 7:27 AM)  

If anyone wants to know... yes these are the best, fudgiest, brownies I have ever tasted... bakery or otherwise. Definitely going into the "keeper" file.

Post a Comment

Random Fun Stuff

Song of the week: Glee Season 2!!

Watching: Criminal Minds season 6 (man! its mind blowing)

Inspirational Quote:

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself"

Random Foodie Fact:

"The world's first chocolate candy was produced in 1828 by Dutch chocolate-maker Conrad J. Van Houten."

Privacy Policy (c) edible-moments 2010

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP