Related Posts with Thumbnails

Chocolate Mayonnaise Cupcakes with Mocha Frosting



Hello,

Sorry about the lack of posts. I have been uber busy with somethings I've been working on. I shall hopefully reveal what these somethings are soon, but for now, I thought I should update.



These yummy nummy cupcakes were actually made over a month ago, but I just never got around to posting. I have so many pictures in the backlog of photos, Im going to have to do a "housekeeping" post with all of them in one big long post! lol



so...about this time I had bought myself a handy dandy ice cream scoop (that can unscoop itself!) as well as Wiltons twirly star tip # 1M! This in its self CALLS for cupcakes baking! So I obliged.



My thing with cupcakes is that they have to be moist. they have to be. THE WORST thing a cupcake can be is dry...in MY opinion anyways.

So when I saw a blog post describing how moist and yummy a Chocolate Mayonnaise recipe, to say I was intrigued would be an understatement. Mayonnaise, with its HIGH fat content MUST make the cupcakes uber moist, and uber yummy. So I gave it a shot.

Unfortunatly, it was a big dissapointment.

The cake was moist 'enough' but the next day it was actually very dry, and there wasnt much of a chocolate flavour AT ALL. I was thinking if I had maybe doubled the chocolate amount it would have been better? In fact, there were a few cupcakes left over that had to be thrown out (which is an EXTREMELY RARE occurence in my household). However, the frosting was still very yummy nummy. I sorta "made this one as I go", but it was pretty tasty!



I wont include the recipe for the cake....(because thats just mean! heres the link to the disgusting cake this person made :P)

Heres the Mocha Frosting:

1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 cups icing sugar
2 tbsp instant coffee powder
2 tbsp hot milk
2 tbsp whipped cream

1) Dissolve instant coffee into hot milk.
2) beat butter Icing Sugar and Coffe mixture
3) add Cocoa powder
4) Add the whipped cream, and beat until smooth and creamy.




MMMM.....I want some of this frosting right now!


Also, my friend Jordan, has a new youtube account and hes been making a few random videos, and really wants some new viewers, he asked me if I could 'feature' his youtube account since my blog gets views and such, this was our hilarious msn convo:

(click to read)







So, I lead him to believe I wouldnt, but I'm not THAT much of a bitch am I? ;) I mean....I would OWN him for all eternity :D

So heres his link....I think you should visit him..he deserves it...for sucking up to me like that :D

haha!


Well that all for now! I hope to be able to post sooner rather then later next time :/



Esi  – (May 21, 2009 at 12:24 AM)  

Sorry the cake was a disappointment, but the frosting sounds delicious! I love those star tips

Siri  – (May 21, 2009 at 1:14 PM)  

I made a chocolate cake with mayonnaise just a few weeks ago! It was really nice and moist too.

BTW- love those little ornate white plates!

Elyse  – (May 22, 2009 at 2:52 AM)  

Can't wait to hear what you're working on! These cupcakes certainly look gorgeous. I'm sorry that the chocolate wasn't so chocolatey and that it dried out the second day. That's such a bummer! At least the frosting was delicious--and boy, I just want to stick my finger in it!!

Anonymous –   – (June 7, 2009 at 6:40 PM)  

Oh thank god. Chocolate Mayonnaise sounds disgusting, and I was horrified thinking that someone came out with a good recipe with it :P Glad to see that isn't the case ;)

Siobhán  – (July 21, 2009 at 9:22 AM)  

The addition of mayonnaise did sound a bit gross... so I'm glad you didn't include the recipe! I got an ice cream scoop and a star tip recently too!! It's very exciting! :D Now I just need to find a large coupler for the tip, and a decent icing bag and I'll be set!

Post a Comment

Random Fun Stuff

Song of the week: Glee Season 2!!

Watching: Criminal Minds season 6 (man! its mind blowing)

Inspirational Quote:

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself"

Random Foodie Fact:

"The world's first chocolate candy was produced in 1828 by Dutch chocolate-maker Conrad J. Van Houten."

Privacy Policy (c) edible-moments 2010

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP