Sorry bout being a little quiet the past few days! What with being sick and falling behind with everything, I haven't had much time to update this blog. (I also managed to finish that Thomas Hobbes essay! MAN that guy needs to think his thoughts straight and not be such a pessimist! )
post :) Seems like ginger has some magical qualities I should try next time?
So, this is just going to be a quick update seeing as I don't have much time - I'm typing this up in my Criminal Law class...I know, I know, I'm a wonderful student aren't I?
I made some spinach last week, a semi-regular staple in our house. I love mine with a few scoops of cold creamy plain yogurt...mmm..... how bout you guys? How do YOU like your spinach? :)
Garlic Spinach Recipe:
* 16 oz of Fresh Spinach (I used 2 of these prepackaged packets)
* 1/4 cup of olive oil
* 1 tbsp of butter
* 1 tsp of lemon juice
* 4-6 cloves of garlic, crushed and diced finely (depends on how garlicy you want it)
1. Pour olive oil and butter into a big pan and allow to warm up and melt. Add the garlic and fry until just slightly browned- make sure you don't burn it!
***make sure you use a big pan! The spinach takes up a LOT of space before it gets cooked! I had to switch pans!
2. Wash spinach well and toss it into the pan, and stir to avoid any burning.
** I found that adding one packet at a time worked best since it takes a lot of space when uncooked!
3. Pour some lemon juice on top and you are done!
** you could try and sprinkle some cheese on there if you'd like too! :)