So, want to see what I've been up to the past few days?:)
I made some Biscotti! I used this recipe, but I used 1 1/2 cups of cranberries and 3/4 cup of sliced almonds instead. Then I covered one side in melted white chocolate! mmmm....
Then I made some Coconut Balls....OMG these are amazing! I will admit I got them from Martha Stewart's site....I've always been a bit skeptic of her...to say the least, but these are SUCH winners! I love coconut. like LOVE. These taste like macaroons....sorta.....but at the same time its so buttery and crumbly melt in your mouth goodness :)
Heres the Recipe: (or find it here)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened (or 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar, plus more for dusting
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter with 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Mix in flour and salt until they're just combined. Stir in coconut.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls;** I found that mine just would NOT form a dough, no matter HOW much I beat the mixture! So I just took the crumbs and formed it into little balls by squeezing them hard in my hands.....turned out great either way! :) place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet. Bake until just starting to brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Roll the warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; let cool completely.
Peanut Butter Sensation Cookies
- 1/2 cup Shortening
- 1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE shortening, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Mix into shortening mixture at low speed until just blended. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Make crisscross pattern on dough with floured fork.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on cooling rack to cool completely.
Well thats all for now, pretty LONGGGG post huh? :) well, I also made a coffe cake today, pics up tomorrow hopefully! :)
oh! and Happy Holidays everyone! =D
Long time no post? :) Yes...well I promised I would be baking and pic taking and posting...ive done 2/3 so thats pretty good right!:D I've been pretty busy....but I have many pics for you all! See the best part is...when its like this...there is more pictures and less of me talking!:P
So...here it is...#1 Vanilla Cake with Vanilla Butter cream, decorated with cherry blossom branches! Yes, I know ...not the BEST thing you have ever seen....but I wanted to get away from all that standard "wilton rose" and decorating shat.....so here it is.....I dont think its too bad for my FIRST try at something other than roses :P no? ;)
And thats all for the cake, click for closer look :)
Sooo.....Im going to go upload the rest of the pics from my camera and I'll be back with a new post! :)
P.S. I have a coffee cake in the oven as we speak......If I can I'll try to get a pic and post it up :)
tada for now!
I made bruschetta and Pasta Salad! :)
OMG NEW CAMERA.
I'm the lucky owner of a brand spanking new Canon Digital Rebel Xs :D BOOYAHHH this just MAKES me wanna get into the kitchen and make some YUMMYNESS! lol
So yes....expect food updates regularly;) PLUS! I went grocery shopping with my mom ...so i bullied her into buying everything i wanted :P
Oh! and I found this FABULOUS website! www.tastespotting.com ...just looknig at all this amazing food and photography makes me wanna get into the kitchen!:D
I'm trying to REALLY get into the cooking thing...cause I love baking...but all that sugar aint good :P
stay tooned ;)
Fresh Ingridients + tastespotting.com+ NEW SLR Camera = LOTS OF FOOD! :)
i am now officially FREE!:D though its weird...I dont feel free...I feel like i should be studying! :O lol anywho....I'm sure that will wear off soon ;)
but oh my goodnessss.....guess what I have decided? I've decided to start COOKING!! My thing is baking yummy sugary delights! But my parents are dying cause of all of it and claiming i'm making them fat (tech they are making themselves fat....Im not FORCING them to eat it!;)) But I've now decided to try to do some more cooking...we will see what happens!:D
I'd like to take pics...but I only have my point and shoot cam..:( So i MIGHT take pics.....but I'll def be taking more pics later of foods to come....cause i'll hopefully have an SLR CAMERA!! :D
Anywho....I should go back to my lunch makingness.....I'm making cauliflower soup with fresh rolls of bread...MMMMM
Heres the recipe's!
I'll post how it goes! :)
Edit: I made everything and mmmmm they are both keepers!:D the family loved the soup! (I was a bit full so I didnt have much....but I liked teh taste!:D and the bread is YUM...especially with some butter in between the hot buns....mmmmm....to die for! :D Anyways...I've been thinking bout making a list of things to bake....so I'll have a list up soon!:D **time to google**
Only 2 more exams to go.....4 days till freedom!
and now for some random fact.....
Odontophobia is the fear of teeth.
The 57 on Heinz ketchup bottles represents the number of varieties of pickles the company once had.
that is all.....goodnight !
Only 12 more days till I'm freeeeeee!!!!
But for now...im cramming like there is no tomorrow! :/
but ahahaaa.....found something amazing online! I never knew it was possible to rap about cupcakes and sweets!:O Now the amazing Natalie has proven me wrong!
(check her out here)
Candy insides, ain’t no lie.
At ice cream shops, with moms and pops
Banana splits with cherries on tops.
Hungry youth, rockin a sweet tooth
Only times I’m full’s when I’m asleep- truth!
I’m all over the snacks like icin’ on a sweet bun
First I eat this one, then I eat that one.
It was a dream for a teen who was a sugar fiend
Started snorting Pixie Stix at sixteen
Never talking to no fellows, busy eating marshmallows
Getting sick off licorice sticks.
No question I would quake for a chocolate milk shake
What I want, I will take
No question I’m no rookie when it comes to eating cookies
Steering clear of veggies like yo dad steers clear of bookies
My life never changed, I’m doing much the same
Sneaking bits of frosting like I’m insane.
Figured out I why I chose this route
Life’s too short not to dine out
Making cupcakes, I call’s em C’s
Rollin in buttercream, flossing like G’s
Yo- bakers respect me, my dentist detests me
Ch-chick-POW! I gotta go eat now.
Cake Rules Everything Around Me
Get the sugar
Choco- choco milk y’all
ahaaaaa!!! I officially LOVE HER!